Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: June 28, 2022, 09:32:08 AM 
Started by espe - Last post by biodsMip
Hi

How can I connect Siemens plc S7 400 with CP443-1 and Premium PLC TSX P573634M?
Both support Modbus TCP

Please if you have a sample program or a Manual that I can use to communicate this,
provide to me.

on: June 25, 2022, 09:01:48 AM 
Started by tendai02 - Last post by biodsMip
The green LED on my USB DMX dongle comes  once I plug in the USB chord and stays on even when I'm not sending a signal. The dongle seems to work fine with my Express

I was wondering if the green light being on all the time means that something is conducting when it shouldn't be.

Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

on: June 25, 2022, 08:30:16 AM 
Started by colesalazar41 - Last post by biodsMip
Hi Lewis ,

On the binnacle its the large screw that fixes to the bracket , looks like  81499 ....and also the self tappers that fix the plastic foot well covers ,,,

on: October 18, 2012, 09:50:06 PM 
Started by espe - Last post by espe
Hello everyone.

I have a machine that is equipped with led lights. The entire machine is controlled by a PLC (Siemens S7-1200). Now I wonder if there is a way to contol the Velleman DMX controller with the PLC, so the lights can be controlled by the plc as well. The plc has a standard RJ45 output which runs profinet, tc-ip as wel as modbus protocol. I can also connect a RS485 bus adapter to the PLC.
Does annyone have any idea? And if so does anyone know what the data structure of the velleman contoller or the DMX protocol looks like? Should I adress a register or datablock? Any help in this matter would be highly appreciated.

on: October 13, 2012, 11:08:03 AM 
Started by SPONZZ - Last post by ericdwlkns
 :o Your issue is too complex to realize, it should be better option for you if you consult with some expert directly and show your problem...

livre ancien

on: July 19, 2012, 01:20:46 AM 
Started by jimbob - Last post by dresseslady539
How many channels of control do you need, and where abouts in the world are you?I was clicked the site you provide, But I cann't find the goods I want , Can you provide another site?

on: June 28, 2012, 04:20:07 AM 
Started by SPONZZ - Last post by SPONZZ
OK so i set up my dmx with the lights and I'm not making any difference to the lights when i slide controls
i plugged the the first dmx cable into the controller output which went into a par 64 light input, it doesn't use dip switches but i set it to address and then A001, i connected the next cable into that lights output and the other side went into a laser show device input and had the dip switches set to 17 (switch 1 and 5 were the only ones turned on which should equal 17 in binary), that output was connected to a revolving light input with the dip switches set to 33 (1 and 6 were turned on)
i don't have a terminator plug, the cables are a metre long so i don't think its necessary but ill be using 3Ms tomorrow so would it be necessary?
i then turned on the lights then the controller, i pressed the 1st scanner button which should control the 64 par and its 6 channels which can be adjusted through the first 6 sliders.
the light stayed flashing white with no difference when i adjusted the sliders, the dmx indicator on the light was flashing however
with the two other devices i tried the same thing using the 2nd or 3rd scanner selecetions and the same happened, the lights were on but seemed to be working on auto, i didn't have any noticeable control
the controller itself seemed to have issues showing the value change when i moved the sliders, it wouldn't show the change unless i pressed hard
working scenes, chases, and banks are for storing adjustments in the slider for each or more devices, and that's what the program button is used for
this is what  have figured out from it all and how i have set it up, i could be wrong though otherwise i thought it might be a faulty controller
what do you think? i would appreciate the help greatly

on: June 27, 2012, 06:46:49 PM 
Started by Ekoled - Last post by Ekoled
With the help of friend I got a oscioliograph measurements. I add two files .
So these are DMX signal patterns for cold white collor (R=255, G=255 B=255) is measeir D+and D-.
At the end of files  *_SC( simple controller ) and  *_ PC_N( Programmable controller new).
From the first look they are Ok at least for me.

About refresh rate. For PC_N it is stated 25 Hrz. For SC Im not sure, but it is stated that data transfer spead is 250Kbps.
On the added pictures the period lenght of one square is set 50 micro seconds.( 0.00005 s) and vertically one square is 1 V.
So data transmition spead in reality looks like for SC =160kbps and PC_N=200kbps . Maybe there is a error in measurements , because oscioliograph is old , but anyway it is clear that PC_N transfer spead is higher, btu still in limits.

The SC transmits in all 512 channels. For PC_N I made a programm that transmit in all channels. So refresh is not so rappid. Plus in both cases controllers generate stable cold whtie color.

on: June 27, 2012, 10:39:07 AM 
Started by Ekoled - Last post by DMX512
My first guess would be timing.  Unfortunately, you'll need test gear to verify this.

The refresh rate could well be too high for the old wall washers.

If you can set the number of channels transmitted, set it to the full 512 to ensure the refresh rate isn't too high for the washers.  With just a few channels you can legally have a refresh rate of 800 odd a second, and a lot of kit can't deal with that.

on: June 27, 2012, 10:12:36 AM 
Started by Ekoled - Last post by Ekoled
Good day!
Maybe some can help me with this:

Introduction:
4 years agou on one site there were installed 28 RGB wall washers(WW_O) and programmable controler(PC_O). Now controller stopped to work and customer asked for newer version. The old wall washer and controller producer , do not produce programmable contollers, so we took from him simple controller(SC) and one newer wall washer( WW_N) for tests.
Then found company that told that have good programable controler( PC_N) that is DMX519 (1990 ).

Problem :
a) When connect old wall washers (WW_O) to new programable controller ( PC_N)then, even all adresses are set as 001 on all wall washers(WW_O), they all ligth in different way .No pattern or some connection. 
b) If connect new simple controller ( SC) to old wall washers ( WW_O),then all ligth as required.
So we can assume the problem is like in newer controler (PC_N),but no, because if connect the new wall washer ( WW_N) that we took for tests, to new controller( PC_N) then it works perfect too.

All cabling are done according to standards and checked 7 times.

PROBLEM:
So the difference is in the generated signals from simple controller ( SC) and new programable controller ( PC_N).
Old wall washers( WW_O) do not understand the new programable controller ( PC_N) signal. but why ?
Can there be a transfer spead problem ?
Both controllers are stated to be DMX 512( 1990 ) type controllers.

Sorry that so long , but please help with advice.
Thanks in advance!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10