The DMX512.com Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: What Am I Doing Wrong?  (Read 6336 times)

SPONZZ

What Am I Doing Wrong?
« on: June 28, 2012, 04:20:07 AM »

OK so i set up my dmx with the lights and I'm not making any difference to the lights when i slide controls
i plugged the the first dmx cable into the controller output which went into a par 64 light input, it doesn't use dip switches but i set it to address and then A001, i connected the next cable into that lights output and the other side went into a laser show device input and had the dip switches set to 17 (switch 1 and 5 were the only ones turned on which should equal 17 in binary), that output was connected to a revolving light input with the dip switches set to 33 (1 and 6 were turned on)
i don't have a terminator plug, the cables are a metre long so i don't think its necessary but ill be using 3Ms tomorrow so would it be necessary?
i then turned on the lights then the controller, i pressed the 1st scanner button which should control the 64 par and its 6 channels which can be adjusted through the first 6 sliders.
the light stayed flashing white with no difference when i adjusted the sliders, the dmx indicator on the light was flashing however
with the two other devices i tried the same thing using the 2nd or 3rd scanner selecetions and the same happened, the lights were on but seemed to be working on auto, i didn't have any noticeable control
the controller itself seemed to have issues showing the value change when i moved the sliders, it wouldn't show the change unless i pressed hard
working scenes, chases, and banks are for storing adjustments in the slider for each or more devices, and that's what the program button is used for
this is what  have figured out from it all and how i have set it up, i could be wrong though otherwise i thought it might be a faulty controller
what do you think? i would appreciate the help greatly

ericdwlkns

Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »

:o Your issue is too complex to realize, it should be better option for you if you consult with some expert directly and show your problem...

livre ancien