The DMX512.com Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: ipad and home automation?  (Read 7739 times)

colesalazar41

ipad and home automation?
« on: September 08, 2011, 05:25:07 PM »

So I got an ipad 2 and I really like it, it's my first ipad. I'm in the UK and have Sky TV. There's a sky app that shows the tv listings and if i set something to record, my box will record it. I can also do this from my iphone and it is very useful.

I was thinking about other things people have developed like that blood pressure monitor that interfaces with the ipad.

I would love it if i could control my lights from my ipad, change a setting on my fridge etc for Home Automation.

Reading the rumours that apple are trying to license airplay with video to TV manufacturers, it's seems a logical step to try and create a modified version of this for other devices,i would love to have a Home Theater

What other things do you think the ipad could be used for around the house?

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:32:13 PM by DMX512 »

DMX512

• Global Moderator
Re: ipad and home automation?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 07:33:32 PM »

Since you are in the UK, you could link up the the Die hard Home Automation enthusiasts.

PSimon23

Re: ipad and home automation?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 02:01:24 PM »

I decided to give a hand and sent a post into social bookmarks. I hope the popularity will rise in.

biodsMip

-
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 08:30:16 AM »

Hi Lewis ,

On the binnacle its the large screw that fixes to the bracket , looks like  81499 ....and also the self tappers that fix the plastic foot well covers ,,,